|Mike Massy at Stanford University March 11, 2014|
This Arabology episode (aired March 13, 2014) reports on Mike Massy's 2 events at Stanford on March 11 and highlights Mike Massy's music + audio segments from his lecture in which he discussed Middle Eastern music while showcasing each musical genre with his powerful vocal acrobatics (live). The events were made possible by the Stanford Arts Institute, the Stanford Language Center, The Sohaib and Sara Abbasi Program in Islamic Studies, Department of Music, The Mediterranean Studies Forum, and The Arab Studies Table.
The second part of the show features soothing Arabic music and ballads that will leave you feeling calm and mellow.
Listen to the Podcast below or at https://soundcloud.com/arabology/arabology-s7e9-mike-massy-at
Playlist for Arabology Thurs 13 March 2014 4-6pm DJ: Ramzi S.
1. Mike Massy/ Ghayer Lawn Ouyounak (DJ Meg Remix)/ Ya Zaman/ Falak Productions
2. Mike Massy/ Ya Zaman/ Ya Zaman/ Falak Productions
3. Pre-Concert Interview with Mike Massy at Stanford/ Arabology/ KZSU
4. Mike Massy/ Ya 3achikat Al Ward/ Ya Zaman/ Falak Productions
5. Mike Massy/ Live Concert Snippets/ Arabology/ KZSU
6. Highlights from Mike Massy's Stanford Lecture about Middle Eastern Music (ft live vocal acrobatics)
7. Mike Massy/ Beirut/ Ya Zaman/ Falak Productions
8. Post-Concert Messsage by Mike Massy at Stanford University
9. Mike Massy/ Kamshat Wara2/ Ya Zaman/ Falak Productions
10. Omeima El Khalil/ Ouhibbouka Akthar/ Ya/ Forward Music
11. May Nasr/ Ouhibuka (Lyrics by Ghada Samman)/Single/ May Nasr
12. Houweida Ft Chiheb/ Janna/ Sawtuha: Nine Women From Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Syria/ Jakarta Records
13. Adam Norton/ A Prayer / Zozo (Soundtrack)/ Warner Brothers Records
14. Khaled Mouzanar/ Yammi/ Et maintenant on va ou (Soundtrack)/ naïve
15. Mashrou' Leila/ Inni Mneeh/ El Hal Romancy/ Mashrou' Leila
16. Youmna Saba/ Tehfe/ Ruptured Sessions/ Lebanese Underground
17. Terez Sliman + Raymond Haddad/ Bi Watani/ Single/ Samy Clark
18. Rasha Rizk/ Elegie/ Sawtuha: Nine Women From Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Syria/ Jakarta Records
19. Maisa Daw + Raymond Haddad/ Ana Hurra Bi Hali/ Ghanni 3an Ta3rif/ Alqaws
'Arabology' is a weekly radio program, currently in its seventh season, which airs on KZSU 90.1 FM (San Francisco bay area). It is hosted by Dr. Ramzi Salti, Lecturer at Stanford University, who showcases and discusses (mostly alternative) Arabic music, along with interviews + commentary in English.
* Previous Podcasts at soundcloud.com/arabology/sets
* Arabology Blog: author32.blogspot.com
* Arabology on Facebook: facebook.com/arabology
* Arabology on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/author30
* Arabology on Soundcloud: @arabology
* Arabology Contact: email@example.com