1. Feedom/A New Beginning--features Blind Boys of Alabama singing Richie Havens’ ‘Freedom’ with Egypt’s Eskenderella singing ‘Safha Gedeeda.’ 5:24
2. Not a Word Was Spoken/ Dancing in the Streets--brings Lebanese singer Tania Saleh singing ‘Ma Elna Shi’ with American bluesman Terry Evans. 4:57
3. A Simple Song of Freedom/Once We Were True Rebels--combines Ray Benson of Asleep at the Wheel with Tunisia’s Mounir Troudi singing ‘Trop Tard’ in Arabic [lyrics by poet Fouad Al-Hamdi] 5:00
4. Beyond These Doors/Get Up, Stand Up--mixes Egypt’s Dina El Wedidi with Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze. 7:15
5. Ol’ Mother Earth/I Still Exist fuses Maria McKee with Massar Egbari, a popular Egyptian band that sings ‘Ana Mawgood.’ 5:48
6. Bread, Freedom/ If I Can Dream--combines Egyptian revolutionary singer Ramy Essam with bluesman Mighty Sam McClain. 4:45
7. Danger Zone--by Soozie Tyrell (E Street Band) in English.
8. Break Your Fears--by Palestinian singer Rim Banna continues the feel of the previous track, but in Arabic.
9. Once Upon a Time/Many Rivers to Cross—by Tunisia’s Lobna Noomene and film singer-songwriter Lisbeth Scott.
You can download this CD from iTunes and at THIS LINK.
|Dr Ramzi Salti (left) with William J Brown III at KZSU Studio|
To hear the entire Nov 6 Arabology podcast go to: