Tamer Abu Ghazaleh Mir’ah
--All Tracks are FCC CLEAN—
A uniquely creative performer and promoter of a wide range of music, Tamer Abu Ghazaleh is a leading figure in modern Arabic culture. This singer, multi-instrumentalist, composer and producer has over the past few years released a debut album and founded eka3 (2007), a regional platform dedicated to promoting, producing, distributing, and touring independent Arabic music. This is his debut album titled Mir'ah (Mirror) and the lyrics are either in classical Arabic or in the Levantine colloquial dialect.
**1. 7ob [Love] is a piece with classical Arabic lyrics with guitar sound only
2. . Takhabot [Internal Struggle]. Oud and guitar with piano. Jordanian dialect.
3. Al Shibak [The Net] This track sounds like an experimental impromptu track with guitar and oud. Repetitive, haunting lyrics, featuring multi layered vocals by the same singer.
4. Mir’ah [Mirror] Title track is bizarre sounding, deliberately annoying instruments and vocals all over the place. Classical Arabic poetry set to music..
5. Dawameh [Whirlwind] Long musical Oud intro; Jordanian dialect.
**6. 7awel Ya Ghanam [Melody Maker] Multiple Oud sounds, some bouzouki, instrumental track (no vocals)
7. Sokoot [Silence] This track has the most instrument variety, many bizarre sounding noises and long lamenting vocals in Levantine Arabic.
**My picks: 1, 6 Ramzi Salti